Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Namedropping!

I didn't realize it had been so long since I had written anything here. The past few months have been rather full, actually, though it didn't seem that way when we would have twelve people visit the library all day (the perils of working somewhere where students aren't always around!). I went through the recruitment/hiring process for a summer clerk, attended my first meeting with important people in the field of Canadian music, and cleaned up almost all the music subject headings in our catalogue, which were a mess. Now, people are coming to the Centre and programs are starting up and it's going to be an awesome summer. And I hooked a Canadian playwright who also did an awesome movie with some inter-library loans, and he wrote about it in his blog.

I also found out that Hawksley Workman is coming here at the end of the month for something with the Leadership department, which so far does not seem to include a concert but I remain hopeful.

Following the example of Montifax, I have begun a small indoor vegetable operation - a pot of cherry tomatoes and a pot of beans. I can't find my camera at the moment so I only have pictures of the plants shortly after they sprouted.



And, to finish off, some pictures of how pretty it can be here when it is actually acting like spring.



No comments: